My daughter Olivia started high school yesterday. She is officially a freshman and I am officially panicking on how I am going to survive not only freshman year but 4 years of high school!!?? Did my mom or dad panic like this? I didn’t think I made them worry like this. Did I?
Starting high school is a process.
1. School clothes shopping
2. Designer Bag (Michael Kors, Coach) or back pack
3. School supply shopping
4. Open House where you pick up your schedule and walk around for and hour trying to find your child’s class with them say they don’t get lost the first day.
5. Getting hair cut and highlighted
7. Whiten teeth with Crest whitening strips
8. Spray tan
9.Orientation at school where this time you run around for 2 hours so you can meet the teachers that are scattered all over campus.
10. Pray they do well in school and don’t get into trouble.
Did I leave anything out?
I have stressed to my daughter numerous times the importance of doing well from day one in hopes she understands bad grades = no college. Am I over killing her with expectations? Am I driving myself insane? There needs to be support groups for this!!
I know there is only so much I can do and that she has to work and focus on her own. But, I can’t help but feel that it’s my role as a parent to ensure she stays on track. In the meantime, I feel like I am holding my breath until report cards come out.
How did you survive?? Look forward to reading your high school survival tips! Us parents, need to stick together!!